This amazing vanilla pudding is a staple desert in every house hold. Looking to make this amazing home-made pudding from scratch? Just follow this simple 6 step, recipe and enjoy the delight with your family!
This recipe serves: 8 People (4 cups)
|Cooking and prep time: 15 minutes|
|Chilling time: 1 Hour|
Utensils to gather:
- Small sauce pan
- Small Bowl
- Airtight container
Ingredients to gather:
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 4 cups of whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 table spoon butter
- ¼ cup corn starch
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take a small bowl and whisk together the dry ingredients. Which is the salt, sugar and cornstarch. Make sure they are blended well together without any lumps.
- Set aside the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow the milk to heat until it simmers with bubbles on the side.
- Slowly add the sugar mix of dry ingredients into your heated milk. Remember to keep stirring for the ingredients to be combined without lumps. Keep whisking to prevent the milk from boiling over as well.
- Keep cooking until the pudding reaches a thicker consistency
How to check if it done? See whether your pudding coats the back of your spoon, if it does then it’s good to go.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and whisk in the butter until its fully melted in. Then add the vanilla extract until its fully incorporated with in the mixture.
- Pour the pudding mix into an airtight container. You can chill it for an hour to overnight before enjoying with your family.
Pro tip- Stay safe, Glass bowls can crack due to heat. Make sure you use a heat resistant bowl for your hot liquids!
Want a twist to your Vanilla Pudding?
Is plain vanilla pudding too boring for you? Don’t worry, there are several different ways you can change up your pudding for everyone in the family to enjoy. The limits are endless for your desert adventures.
- Oreo Cookies and cream– Crush some Oreos (or any other biscuit of your liking) Top it on the pudding with caramel sauce and enjoy your cookies and cream desert.
- Bananas and Wafers– Bananas and pudding are a staple that have gone together for decades. Slice up some bananas and bits of vanilla wafers to add that special crunch on top.
- Breakfast pudding– Wantto incorporate pudding in your morning routine but want a healthy twist to it? Add slices of strawberries and fresh blueberries full of antioxidants to give you that right nutritional value you need in the morning.
- Syrup it away! – Pudding is versatile and can go well with any sauce. Try Butter scotch maple or chocolate to test out new flavors!
- Rice crispy treat– Every kid loves a rice crispy treat, top your pudding with some rice crispies and a topping of your choice to add that extra crunch to your desert!
Pudding is a healthy source for all these nutrients, it can be used in breakfast or post dinner and is also a healthy way to give the kids their daily nutrition!
Have a look at some of sources of nutrition this recipe is rich in:
Nutritional facts– Calories- 213kcal, 3g Protein, 5.7% Vit A, 161mg Potassium, 13.8% Calcium, 35g Carbohydrates